I know i have been doing serious ones a lot lately. but hear me out on this one, and the next couple I'll promise to be more useless facts going through my head for everyone to hear. I really just want to take a minute to recognize the greatest parents ever!
That sounds a bit bias doesn't it... oh well. You heard me! no but really, I enjoy every little thing about my parents. They are the greatest. But i want to give them each some of their own spotlight. I'll start with mom.
Mom, wow. You know this is right after mothers day AND her birthday, and i promise i am not trying to get anything out of them. I just have thought a ton about them but mom. Wow. She really is the greatest. I just recently gave her a present for mothers day.. still working on her birthday present... but my mom is great because there are so many things that she deserves. Usually a vacation or other glorious things like that. Yet what does she ask for? things like a new desk chair. or some pots and pans so she can cook for us, (which doesn't make sense because she doesn't even like to cook!), and other things that would not be for her own benefit but for ours. She is so complicated, yes she is a woman, that comes naturally, but seriously at the same time she is very very simple. Guess what i did for her? I wrote her a letter. Yes a letter. That's it, a letter, added to a funny mothers day card and a dozen roses, and once she got it, there wasn't anyone happier than her.
There is nothing greater in this world than the love from your mom. She loves me so much, and i know it. She is so nice and loving and caring and gosh dang it guys if i keep going like this i wont stop. She's great. Everything all in to one word, great. Or maybe even priceless. I wish i could take her on my mission with me. I mean think of all the wonderful things... food, laundry.... wouldn't it just be heavenly? I'll go spread the word and she'll feed us all. I'm obviously just kidding but really, i will miss her so much, not just cause of the food, but for all the million reasons she is what she is and does what she does.
Lets move to dad now. This story I'm about to tell you means a lot to me. Its going in my real journal, and i just think its so great that you should hear about it. My family was without the priesthood for a little while... My dad wasn't able to baptize either me or my sister heather. Not that he wasn't a good guy though. He's still the greatest dad ever remember? he was just inactive for a bit. But eventually he came back, got the Mel. priesthood, and we all got sealed in the Salt Lake Temple. what a day that was! but lets flash forward to recent months. He is now the Elder's quorum president and a great blessing to all the men in our ward, as well as their wives. Everybody loves my dad, who wouldn't?!
This last Sunday was one of the greatest days of my life. Up until this last Sunday i had never ever in my life heard my dad speak at the pulpit. I had heard his testimony in elders quorum and in lessons and fhe's and stuff like that but i had never heard it in front of a congregation. Well this last Sunday he had the opportunity to speak. He did an amazing job. Seriously, i was so proud of him. He almost made me cry when he started talking about the example he hopes he is setting for me and Tim concerning my mom, my grandma, and our future wives. He is the greatest example for me. After his talk he bore his testimony, it was short and sweet. then later that night i got called by a return missionary who needed a blessing, it was so great to have my dad there with me. Within 5 minutes he and i were at the kids house blessing him. We are both worthy priesthood holders, we both love the gospel, and we both are excited about my mission. Life is just great with my dad!
I am really lucky to have these guys. They are almost more like my older brother and sister rather than my parents. Just cause they are only 18 years older. Its great, We get to grow up together, learn together, and most of all love each other.
World, i hope you all can find a way to love your parents as much as i do to mine. Life is great, don't waste a minute! I'm out, keep in touch!
No comments:
Post a Comment