But today in the middle of our meeting he asked a favor of me. He asked me to be available each week to step in and teach a primary lesson if someone doesn't show up. Which of course i don't exactly know how often that happens but they still need someone to back them up if someone doesn't come. So if i do teach it'll be completely off the top of my head, and hopefully spiritual enough for the little kids.
I guess i had a message on my forehead saying something like, "how am i going to teach if i don't have a night to prepare something up first... do i really have to do this?" He went on to say that this would be great practice for my mission. And he backed up his point by telling a story, (by the way he has a story for any situation, and they all involve a church representative somehow... totally amazing in itself...) and he talked about Thomas S. Monson. He told the story which i wont get into all the details but at the end he basically challenged me to this Monson Challenge.
This is the challenge. I am encouraged to everyday memorize a scripture, and once a week think up a talk that i could give someone. A spiritual thought that could be brought about in a 5-7 minute period of time. So i took it upon myself to do this. Monson said that if you do it for your whole mission, you'll get a photographic memory by the time your back. It is a lot to take in at once though. It might be hard to just jump into it so I'm going to probably fade my way into it and gradually get better about it. But this blog is going to help me. Each week I'll put some kind of message on it. If anyone reads this really they can give me feed back on what they think. We'll see how it goes though, I'm still not sure how i feel about pouring out my testimony onto the web. But this is what I'll be pondering for a bit... either way, i plan on writing it in my personal journal. Nevertheless, i am taking this challenge to have a spiritual message once a week, and i encourage anyone who is willing to do the same. Let me know your doing it though.
I love you all
Peace
No comments:
Post a Comment