
Ladies and Gentlemen, this is vegemite. let me explain what it is real quick. Vegemite is considered as much a part of Australia's heritage as kangaroos and the Holden cars. It is actually an Australian obsession that has become a unique and loved symbol of the Australian nation. A Vegemite sandwich to an Australian kid is the equivalent of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich to an American kid - but the taste is very different! Its basically an extract of yeast with a few other ingredients... if you really want to learn more just google it up.
It has a very interesting taste... You either love it, or you hate it. Turns out my friend's cousin who went to australia on his mission loved it. Thus he sent it home with him a couple years ago and brought it with him to a party last night. I had some of it. He put it on there nice and thick for the first time, and later said that he would garuntee the other missionaries pulling a vegemite prank on me once i got there.
I was nervous a little but i sucked it up and tried it anyways. and here is what i thought of it... The smell itself was so utterly disgusting. I cannot put into words how bad it smelt, but he put it on some toast for me and i ate it... I didn't hate it, but i didn't love it at the same time. I guess I'll grow on it when i'm out there but yeah. So thats it for this blog, i just thought i'd share this new experience with ya'll... so next time you have something you really don't like, just think..."rob had some vegemite, i can handle this"
1 comment:
haha I dont even eat it and I am an Aussie! Milo is WAYYY better!
Post a Comment