Monday, August 18, 2008

Almost that time ...

Well world, I've only got about a week left! I am so excited to get out there, it'll be so great! One of the things that i am so excited for is finding my good friend nate ruben. I really hope that somehow I will be able to get around to seeing him somewhere for a minute. But besides that i am just so excited to get out there and serve the Lord. It's been a long wait. I am just so anxious to get out there! I had my talk yesterday, and i thought i did alright, but i always seem to think i could have done better...

A lot of people said they really enjoyed hearing my talk, some even said that they thought i should be coming home, not leaving. Or that they haven't seen anyone more well prepared. Well they are wrong. Although I am super excited i wanted to make a tribute to some of my brothers who i think are just amazing.

Starting with Nate Ruben. He is so unreal. There are so many good things to say about this kid but i'd be on the computer all day. He was really always ahead of the gang when it came to spirituality and stuff like that. I remember his talk, --Beautiful talk-- on the atonement. I remember that one because seriously i have never heard anybody speak like he did that day. The spirit was so strong and everyone was either sobbing with tears or bursting with joy, or both. Then after his talk he wanted to go to a fireside! what a kid! and he wanted me to come with him, of course i did, and it was awesome. But there ya go, my brother nate, going to arcadia california, still in the mtc, but seriously should be out there right now, he is definitely ready.

My next brother i want to talk about is my best friend Reed. Man, what a great guy. He's in alaska doing great things. But just the way he lived his life all through high school years was just so amazing. Everyone had their slip ups, everyone made mistakes some fewer than others, but reed never did. He was the epiphany of what we all wanted to be like. He was a man among boys, no doubt about it. And i am so proud of him for what he is doing in the field.

Tommy Durrant, what a kid. You could BARELY hear him when he spoke last sunday, but because i know and love him as a brother like i have forever it seems like i could hear every word. I promise you that it will be completely opposite when he gets back. There will be no mumbling issues, and i know that he will work harder than anyone i know in the mission field, because i know he worked harder in the pool than anybody i know. He will be great, i can't wait to hear how he does.

The last one i want to talk about it Ben Furner. what a guy. I never really knew him, and i hardly ever talked to him. To be honest if i wasn't in his ward I probably would not have made it to his farewell. But to this day, he is one of the most prepared missionaries that i have ever seen. His farewell, like Nate's, was unreal! and he was a great example for me as to why am I going on a mission.

No comments: